Corporate office space with high end super white Sanibel Flex
nDura Flex is a highly decorative, pigmented, 100% solids, two component topping system. Mixed with a wide selection of decorative aggregates and trowel applied to a 3/8-inch nominal thickness.
nDura Flex provides outstanding durability and wear resistance resulting longing life cycle of any flooring system available. Our Flex system is highly crack and stain resistant This can be achieved when installed in conjunction with a Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Membrane.
- Extensive color selection allows for unlimited design variations
- Colors will not fade or wear thin
- Chemical and stain resistant
- High wear, impact and abrasion resistance
- Rapid cure and finishing time
- Less weight than marble, granite and cement terrazzo, more suitable for multi-story buildings
- Low odor during application and cure, can be applied in occupied buildings
- Low maintenance, sanitary
- Resists bacteria and fungal growth
- Lowest life cycle cost decorative flooring available
- Low odor for use in occupied areas
- Meets USGBC LEED criteria for low VOC
Concrete subfloors must be sound, clean and free of all dirt, oil, grease, laitance, curing compounds and any substance that may act as a bond breaker. If necessary, mechanically clean and remove contaminants by chipping, shot blasting, grinding or scarifying. Removal with solvents, strippers and acid etching are not acceptable. 3. All cracks in the subfloor must be repaired or treated to minimize crack telegraphing through the underlayment/topping. Moving cracks, working cracks, expansion joints and isolation joints must be honored through the applied nDura FLEX System.
- We pour in place to uniformly distribute granular material and produce a surface with a minimum of 70 percent aggregate exposure. Cure and finish polished concrete system as per manufacturer’s mixing design requirements.
- Placing Concrete Topping:
- Prime surface 24 hours prior to installation as well as immediately before pouring panel. Primer should be applied with a 3/8” nap roller and still tacky when concrete is placed.
- Place mixture in panels formed by divider strips and trowel mixture to top of strips.
- Roll and compact surface with 3/8” spike roller until surface is consolidated and level
- Trowel to a dense uniform flat surface disclosing lines of divider strips.
- Curing: Contractor shall cure the concrete topping as follows:
- Allow to cure for 24 to 72 hours before proceeding with the polishing process. Confirm with manufacturer that drying time has been sufficient for jobsite temperature and humidity conditions, as well as the installation thickness.
WET GRIND & POLISHING FLEX
- Rough Grinding Wet:
- Grind with 30/40 or finer grit stones or with comparable diamond plates.
- Follow initial grind with 80 or finer grit stones or with comparable diamond plates.
- Cleanse floor with clean water and rinse.
- Remove excess rinse water, dry, and apply grout, supplied by installer, to fill voids.
- Cure Grout.
- Fine Grinding:
- Grind with 80 or finer grit stones or with comparable diamond plates until all grout is removed from surface. Certain matrix colors and aggregates may require grinding to a level higher than 120 grit for acceptable appearance.
- Upon completion, the nDura system shall reasonably match approved samples with overall uniform chip density.
CLEANING, SEALING & BRUNISH
- Cleaning: Contractor shall clean finished concrete as follows:
- Remove grinding residue from surface.
- Restrict water cleaning for 72 hours after installation of Concrete Topping. Use only a dry mop to clean. Avoid putting mats or covering treated surface to allow coating to fully cure out.
- Light pedestrian use only in the 24 hours after installation. Normal traffic recommended 7 days after completion of the Polished Concrete System.